POSITION DESCRIPTION: Programs Coordinator
General description of position: The Programs Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all of the Youth Heritage Camp Program and the Youth Walking Tour Program of the organization. Position part-time February through May and full-time in June. This is a temporary position.
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create camp/tour application
- Provide outreach and recruit local students for camp/tour
- Review camp applications and help select camp/tour participants
- Notify chosen students of acceptance into camp/tour
- Develop 4 Day Middle school camp
- Develop 5 Day Middle school camp
- Develop tours with selected students
- Create itinerary for camps/tours
- Order supplies: t-shirts, hats, backpacks, first aid kits, sunscreen, printing of materials, pens and pencils and other needed supplies
- Develop menu and secure food and transportation for camp
- Set up orientation day for students and parents for camp/tour
- Ensure compliance with state safety standards for camp/tour
- Serve as primary camp/tour leader overseeing each day of the camps/tours
- Provide regular and thorough communication with parents and camp/tour participants
- Provide a final report after camp/tour completion
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The positionexpectations listed below are representative of the demeanor, knowledge, and ability of the applicant necessary to successfully carry out the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made as possible.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Professionally represent the Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area
and follow all policies.
- Respectfully engage, listen to, teach, and learn from people with
diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Possess high standard of courtesy, selflessness, tolerance, hard work,
adaptability, and flexibility.
- Support professional documentation of program metrics, program
reports, forms and waivers, and incident reports as needed.
- Assist in communications about education events and initiatives,
which may include taking and organizing photos, and recording
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A successful applicant brings a combination of the following certifications, knowledge, and experiences.
- Clear communication.
- Leading groups in an outdoor setting.
- Interest in local history, traditions, culture, landscape, art, architecture, and recreation.
- Experience and engagement with diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Insurable driving record.
Physical/Other Requirements: While performing the duties of this job the employee may occasionally be required to stand, walk and/or stoop for long periods of time. Mild physical labor required to complete the tasks at hand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work in variable weather, hike up to three miles, walk on uneven terrain, and carry a backpack. Contribute to a culture of safety during all Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area activities.
Please submit letter of interest, resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to 231 State Avenue, Alamosa, CO 81101
Deadline: February 4, 2022.