In 2009, Congress passed legislation establishing the Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area with the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (S.22). That legislation designated the Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, Inc. as the local coordinating entity and names the National Park Service as providing administrative and technical support. Most recently, in 2023, Congress has approved reauthorization of the Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area for an additional 15 years.
The purpose of the act is to protect historic, cultural, natural and recreational resources of the three counties of Conejos, Costilla and Alamosa in Colorado.
The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area is seeking a logo that captures the spirit and uniqueness of the heritage area. That’s where you come in! We are holding a competition for a new logo to be used in promotion including, but not limited to, our website, social media sites, merchandise, and promotional materials. A prize of $2,000.00 will be awarded for the winning entry.
The organization requires a unique and exclusive logo for use on the stationary package and for regional and visitor branding and promotion via a multitude of media.
The objective of the logo is to communicate through a high quality image and text, the character of the defined region’s historic, cultural, natural, recreational resources and be print friendly. It must be attractive and enticing to the region’s visitors and supporters.
The winning logo will be easy to manipulate, resize, and transfer for all purposes of reproduction.
Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area has approved an image to be included in the new logo. For those interested, please email the heritage area for the image if you plan to submit a logo for consideration.
- The design of the logo and the formats provided by the artist shall be compatible for use in a variety of media, including website, print, posters, billboards, kiosks, stationary and flyers.
- The logo should be discernable in small as well as large formats and should translate into a grayscale usage without losing significant quality.
- The logo’s color profile must be CMYK (with a maximum of six colors) that can also be converted to black and white.
- Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area brand colors, which can be used if desired (please email email@example.com for details)
- Competition entries must be submitted as a JPEG file. Other file types will not be considered during judging. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area will later request that the contest winner provide a scalable vector graphic format (EPS) version of their winning logo, with the file and assets packaged for delivery. The logo should incorporate the words “Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area”.
- The completed product should be delivered to the client by email.
- All copyrights to the logo shall be transferred to Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area upon payment.
The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. (MST), June 1, 2023 and closes at 5:00 p.m. (MST), August 1, 2023. Late entries will not be considered. The winner will be notified via email on September 15, 2023. One or more entry per person or group will be accepted. Each entry must be submitted in a separate email. Entries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the full name(s) of the logo creator, email address, postal address, and a contact phone number. There is no fee to enter this contest. This logo will be used across multiple web platforms and must be flexible enough to use in multiple iterations of sizes and color formats. We prefer a horizontal layout, with dimensions conducive to use in website banners and printing on t-shirts. If the submission is in a vertical layout, it must be easy to reformat to horizontal for specific logo applications.
- Please submit one electronic version of your logo to Julie Chacon, Executive Director, Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, email@example.com, no later than 5:00 pm on August 1, 2023.
- Proposals should include the name and contact information of person(s) to be contacted for clarification if needed.
- The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area reserves the right to reject any and all submissions, accept any submission terms it deems to be in the best interest of the organization, waives any informalities in logos submitted, and waive any minor irregularities or discrepancies in submission procedures. The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area reserves the right to retain a copy of your submittal after selection has been made.
Submissions Due: August 1, 2023 5:00 p.m.
Winner Announcement: September 15, 2023
By submitting a competition entry, competition entrants affirm that their entry is their own original work, is not derivative in nature (including to the entrant’s own prior work), and does not violate the intellectual property rights of any other individual or entity. The winning submission becomes the property of Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area and may be used for any Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area purpose, including, but not limited to, our website, social media sites, merchandise, and promotional materials. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area shall have the right to modify or edit the winning submission for any use deemed appropriate by Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry. If the winner of this competition is determined to have violated any contest rules, they will be required to forfeit or return the prize.
Determination of Winner and Issuing of Prize
The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area board of directors and staff will select the finalists on August 15, 2023, and vote on a winner. The winner will be notified by September 15, 2023. Factors influencing the judges’ decision will be based on (1) visual appeal; (2) relevance to the national heritage area; and (3) ease of reproduction for various purposes, as outlined above. A prize of $2,000.00 will be awarded for the winning entry. Only one (1) prize will be awarded, regardless of group size. The winner will be notified by email by September 15, 2023, and will be announced on SANGRE DE CRISTO NATIONAL HERITAGE AREA’S website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable competition entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area reserves the right to cancel or modify this competition and award the prize by alternate means if fraud, intellectual property violations, or technical failure of the contest is determined at any time by Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, including after the competition entry submission window has closed. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area is not liable, for the purposes of winner notification and prize delivery, in the event that the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
Terms and Conditions
By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Rule violations or failure to follow specification or submission guidelines may eliminate a participant’s eligibility. Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area retains the right to disqualify any entry or contest entrant at any time at its sole discretion.