National and State Historic Register

Garcia School

By |2019-09-13T08:05:15+00:00September 9th, 2019|

The Garcia School is located in the original location of the Plaza de Los Manzanares, which was settled in 1849. It is one of only a couple original territorial adobe buildings that remains and

Comments Off on Garcia School

Fort Garland

By |2019-09-13T08:04:27+00:00September 9th, 2019|

Built in 1858, the adobe fort served as a base of military operations in the San Luis Valley until 1883. Lt. Kit Carson commanded the fort from 1866-1867, entertaining great names like Cheif Ouray

Comments Off on Fort Garland

Chama SPMDTU

By |2019-09-13T08:03:43+00:00September 9th, 2019|

The Sociedad Proteccion Mutua de Trabajadores Unidos (S.P.M.D.T.U.) Lodge Hall in Chama, Colorado was built in ca. 1920. It was considered significant for its contr

Comments Off on Chama SPMDTU

St. Joseph’s Church

By |2019-09-13T08:00:55+00:00September 9th, 2019|

Saint Joseph’s Church was considered significant for its contribution to broad patterns of history for the Hispanic and Catholic populations in Colorado. It also embodies distinctive archi

Comments Off on St. Joseph’s Church

McIntire Ranch

By |2019-09-13T07:57:32+00:00September 9th, 2019|

the McIntire Ranch was established by Albert W. McIntire, who was elected Governor of Colorado in 1895, and his wife Florence, who divorced in 1898. The McIntire Ranch has shows important layout

Comments Off on McIntire Ranch