National and State Historic Register

Warshauer Mansion

By |2019-09-13T07:54:12+00:00September 9th, 2019|

This large 1912 brick and stucco home, with a red tile roof, was built for Fred B. Warshauer, a German immigrant who rose to county prominence in the sheep business. Denver architect George F.

Comments Off on Warshauer Mansion

Palace Hotel

By |2019-09-13T07:51:25+00:00September 9th, 2019|

Expanding railroad service created the need for construction of the Palace Hotel. Due to its location at the junction of the Rio Grande Railroad’s line to Chama, Durango and the San Juan Mountains

Comments Off on Palace Hotel

Florence & Cripple Creek Railroad Combination Car No. 60

By |2019-09-11T11:17:21+00:00September 9th, 2019|

Built in 1897 for the Florence & Cripple Creek Railroad, the first railroad to reach the gold mines of the Victor and Cripple mining districts, Combination Car No. 60 operated as a suburban coach

Comments Off on Florence & Cripple Creek Railroad Combination Car No. 60